Synopsis

Self-image is something we all struggle with at any age. Some people struggle at a younger age while others are much older and still struggle. Some people find their way through the toxicity of social media while others are still lost in it. It is important to understand the issues that are presented with the overuse of social media and the constant comparisons of oneself to others. As we grow up with social media, especially for younger generations, it is important to be aware of how social media is used. There are a lot of benefits that social media has but it has become a platform that could also be hurtful. This specifically targets young teenagers who are easily influenced by the media and people who are up to their early 20s who may understand the effects of social media but try to figure their way around their toxicity of social media. Through my own experiences, I have learned that awareness with how and how much you use social media is very important. Over the years since I started using social media apps, such as Snapchat and Instagram, it became a part of my lifestyle; at one point, it became mentally unhealthy and eventually, it affected me physically. I want people to be aware of these effects so that long-term impacts could be avoided. Everyone has a story to tell. Everyone is impacted by social media whether you are famous or not. To hear how someone can overcome their insecurities and learn to appreciate themselves more can go a long way and help others understand how to live without proving themselves to the world and still be something great.